Apr 1, 2010

I’m single & enjoying it: Sushmita

BOMBAY—Sushmita Sen is back on the dating scene once again. Her personal life often grabs more attention than her work, and actress Sushmita Sen has gone ahead and announced in her signature candid style that contrary to rumours, she is “completely single”. The 34-year-old actress denied reports that she has got back with ex-boyfriend Manav Menon after splitting from Dulha Mil Gaya director Mudassar Aziz.
“I am completely single at the moment and enjoying it. I am not the kind of person to hide a relationship, so when I am in love, I let everybody know,” said Sushmita. When asked whether she was ready to mingle, the actress pointed to the crowd surrounding her and said, “I am mingling, ain’t I?” Sushmita who is mother to two adopted daughters, Renee,7 and six-month-old Alisha is enjoying life to the fullest and is back to her svelte self after piling on the pounds in the past. She is now all excited about being the showstopper for Ritu Beri at the Wills India Fashion Week.

“I love fashion and I find it a very personal statement of one’s identity and walking the ramp is a great experience because there is so much energy and you do not have to wait to see the audience’s reaction,” said the actress. Sushmita, who at the age of 18 became the first Indian woman to win the Miss Universe crown has put her film career on the back burner for her pet project ‘I Am She’.
Her production House Tantra Entertainment Private Limited (TEPL) was awarded the India franchise by the Miss Universe Organisation, which conducts the pageant across 95 countries of the world. “I have just one film No Problem coming up this year. It is a full-on masala entertainer. ‘I Am She’ is an opportunity for me to give back all the love I have received and bring forth confident, beautiful young Indian women for the entire world to see,” said Sushmita.
Tattoo talkTHE FORMER MISS Universe is the latest Bollywood celebrity to be bitten by the tattoo bug and has got four inkings in the past year. The actress’ latest tattoo is a bold etching of the words ‘I Am’ on her right wrist, which she says is a proud declaration of her own identity.
“I love tattoos. I have three on the arms but the fourth one I cannot show you. They are all permanent and I think I will add more to them,” Sushmita said. The one on her right arm reads ‘Temptation’ and she also sports a tattoo on the left wrist which says ‘Soli deo glory’, meaning ‘Glory to God alone’ in Latin.
“I love my Temptation tattoo, with the T shaped like a dagger. To me it means that temptation is a beautiful feeling, but it is equally dangerous,” said the actress who is currently busy selecting contestants for the ‘I Am She’ pageant. This brand will serve as a platform to select the next Miss Universe India who will represent the country at the global Miss Universe competition. Other celebs with tattoos *Deepika Padukone has Ranbir’s initials RK on the nape of her neck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home